Search This Blog

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Expand your mind by playing puzzles and brain teasers!



From my own experience I can say that if you want to be creative and intelligent, use your brain by keeping it busy to get more from it. I believe that the more you think about utilizing your brain more skillful you are.

From my teenage, I was fond of playing puzzle games, and scrabble was one of my favourite game at that time. It was only a hobby, but now I realize that it helped me in brushing up my English language.

I can still challenge my colleagues about vocabulary and spellings. This good command over spelling or vocabulary was due to my habit of playing "scrabble", and having a dictionary beside me all the time. Still now, sometimes I enjoy playing the word games at my computer.

Puzzles or brain exercises may look like childish plays but there is scientific prove that these activities enhance our brain.

To expand our mind we need to learn more, as learning is a way to make our brain work more and working of our brain keeps it healthy. Another way of to challenge our mind is by playing puzzles and brain teasers, which is a good pass time also.

Quote: “I have always treated and considered puzzles from an educational standpoint, for the reason that they constitute a species of mental gymnastics which sharpen the wits and train the mind to reason along straight lines. Puzzles are a school for cleverness and ingenuity.
Sam Loyd, one of the world’s great Puzzle Masters 1841-1911 “

Today I am here with review of a site providing you a lot of puzzles and exercises. Although site is a professional one, and they sell their products also. But still there is a lot of free stuff to look and use.

Smart Kit
About the site: Smart Kit brings you a fresh daily supply of captivating puzzles to exercise and train your brain.
The Smartkit site was founded and is updated by a fellowship-trained, Board Certified Neurologist (M.D.) who is also a member of the American Academy of Neurology.

Only doing crossword puzzles is not enough to keep your brain sharp, but there are a wide variety of challenges and puzzles types, which can stimulate and exercise many areas of your brain.

This blog provides you many interesting and new puzzles. I liked browsing it due to all new stuff.

Link to the site:

Some more resources:

* CR Puzzles is a free online puzzle magazine (daily updated).

* Another site: Scientific Psychic is the web site dedicated to the exploration of language and the human mind with the objective of encouraging critical thinking and a healthy life style. The site owner Antonio Zamora has a blog, where health and mind related articles can be read.

scientific psychic Blog

* This site not only provides you puzzles but also links to other puzzle sites, wher you can decide which puzzle sites to search. A page of the site provides puzzles in education.

"Everyone knows that playing with and solving brainteaser puzzles is a wonderful way to promote creative thinking and exercise problem solving skills. When you are playing a manipulative, hand-held puzzle, you're doing your solving using hand-mind coordination, which is about as good as it gets for exercising your gray matter. In the broadest sense, of course puzzles are educational."

Link to the educational puzzle page: Puzzles in Education

* More sites about puzzles can be found at this page: Link list

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest

Popular Posts