If anybody asks me what is the exact formula of happiness, I would only say that happiness comes from inside. If you are thankful to God for what ever He has given you, you are the happiest person on earth.
Fyodor Dostoevsky said: "Man is fond of counting his troubles, but he does not count his joys. If he counted them up as he ought to, he would see that every lot has enough happiness provided for it."
More than 100 years ago, author Robert Louis Stevenson offered the following tips for maintaining a positive attitude. They still apply today.
- Make up your mind to be happy. Learn to find pleasure in simple things.
- Make the best of your circumstances. No one has everything, and everyone has something of sorrow intermingled with gladness of life. The trick is to make the laughter outweigh the tears.
- Don't take yourself too seriously. Don't think that somehow you should be protected from misfortune that befalls other people.
- You can't please everybody. Don't let criticism worry you.
- Don't let your neighbor set your standards. Be yourself.
- Do the things you enjoy doing but stay out of debt.
- Never borrow trouble. Imaginary things are harder to bear than real ones.
- Since hate poisons the soul, do not cherish jealousy, enmity, grudges. Avoid people who make you unhappy.
- Have many interests. If you can't travel, read about new places.
- Don't hold postmortems. Don't spend your time brooding over sorrows or mistakes. Don't be one who never gets over things.
- Do what you can for those less fortunate than yourself.
- Keep busy at something. A busy person never has time to be unhappy.
Few sayings of famous:
* The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up. ~Mark Twain
* If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy
* Happiness is never stopping to think if you are. ~Palmer Sondreal
* The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance; the wise grows it under his feet. ~James Openheim
* Happiness often sneaks in through a door you didn't know you left open. ~John Barrymore
More 'Happiness quotes'
* Get a FREE happiness training course.
* Take a happiness test
* Get FREE e-book "The Way to Happiness"
- "How to be happy?"
- "Are you unhappy from your life?"